What is the Timber Tour?
The Timber Tour is Ontario's provincial competition series, that includes three disciplines: Moguls, Slopestyle and Halfpipe.
Athletes travel across Ontario to compete in a meaningful, athlete-centred, community supported, fair, safe and fun competition circuit.
The Timber Tour is targeted for athletes in the Learn to Train and Train to Train Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) stages. For more information about Freestyle Skiing's LTAD click here.
Athletes who compete in the Timber Tour competition series will be ranked in the Freestyle Ontario RPA Ranking System. For information on ranking calculations read the Freestyle Ontario Selection Criteria: click here.
The 2018 TIMBER TOUR DATES AND STOPS ARE:
2018 timber tour resultS
2017 TIMBER TOUR RESULTS
2016 TIMBER TOUR RESULTS
APPLY NOW TO HOST A 2018 TIMBER TOUR EVENT!
Freestyle Ontario is no longer accepting applications to host our 2018 Timber Tour events!
Timber Tour Disciplines and Event Scheduling:
In 2018, there will be 3 Timber Tours and 1 Timber Tour Provincial Championship hosted in Ontario. Below is the breakdown of available regional hosting opportunities
· 1-3 Timber Tour events in Southern Ontario
· 1-2 Timber Tour events in National Capital Region
· 1-2 Timber Tour events in Northern Ontario/Lake Superior Region
There are 3 Ontario Timber Tour freestyle skiing disciplines: Slopestyle, Moguls, and Dual Moguls. Applicants must have the capacity to host 2 of the three freestyle disciplines. Based on FO’s strategic direction, the Timber Tour events will be scheduled as outlined below:
· 3-4 Mogul Competitions
· 1 Dual Mogul Competition
· 4 Slopestyle Competitions
AVAILABLE COMPETITION DATES:
· January 20th – 21st, 2018 (Slopestyle/Slopestyle)
· February 3rd – 4th, 2018 (Single Mogul/Single Mogul)
· February 10th – 11th, 2018 (Slopestyle/Single Mogul)
· *Provincials: February 22rd-25th, 2018 (Single Mogul/Dual Mogul/ Slopestyle)
* Clubs must host 3 disciplines over 4 days (including first day as a training day).
Appendix 1 Letter of support
Appendix 2 Letter of intent
Appendix 3 Timber Tour Work Plan
Appendix 4a Volunteer Roles
Appendix 4 Sample Volunteer List
Appendix 5 Timber Tour Sample Schedule
Appendix 6 Invitation Sample
Appendix 7 Slopestyle Course Layout Sample
Appendix 8 Timber Tour Rules
Appendix 9 Canada Freestyle Competition Guides